Tuesday, July 27, 2010

'Breaking Dawn' Screenwriter (Melissa Rosenberg) Talks About Birthing Scene


The most concerning part of the movie Breaking Dawn is when Bella, played by Kristen Stewart, gives birth. The writers are in a scramble to figure out how to work the scene without it being traumatic to younger viewers before the filming which is set to start in November.

“I’ve written and continue to rewrite it, working on it with Bill Condon … He has a vision as well, but it’s kind of a shared vision I would say, but ultimately it comes down to, what does he actually want to see?” screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg said. “I know what I want to see, which is, I want to see the terror of the experience. I want to have the experience of the fear and feel her pain. I want to feel everyone’s pain in this.”

The book lays out in detail the whole thing and Rosenberg doesn’t think that everything needs to be included. “I want it to be visceral, so that is what’s most important. Do I want to see teeth in placenta? No,” she said. “Someone else may. I don’t actually want to see that, but to each his own.”

It’s a mystery right now how this will be handled. However it’s sure to be a hit and draw in the crowds from near and far.


Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment